2 Word Story Bracelet

Here in the Detroit area, more than 500 churches have banded together in a program called E.A.C.H. Meaning Everyone a Chance to Hear, the program is about evangelism and service here in our own community. This is one of the most desperate areas of the country. Detroit needs what this program is about.

Service projects like mobile medical and dental, and programs to feed people are being manned by a variety of churches. Every church agreed to a certain amount of service hours and there have been all kinds of creative projects like building a house and giving it to a family, tutoring in downtown Detroit, and tons more.

Evangelically, we have all joined together  in prayer walks that have covered almost every neighborhood in SE Michigan, and in 2 Word Stories. Thousands of us have 2 word stories that we are sharing. I have seen yard signs, t-shirts, buttons, bumper stickers, and banners with 2 word stories. The stories reflect something about ourselves before we followed Jesus, and something about how our lives changes since following Him. They are stories of victory and joy, all with happy endings.

Thinking that I would like a 2 word story bracelet, I realized that many women might like one. So, I am offering a class to make a bracelet with profits going to the Divine Design summer mission trip. 

My two word story: Purpose? Purpose.

Jesus has always been a part of my life. I grew up in the church. But, I did not always have an understanding of what it meant to have a relationship with Him. Before that realization, I wondered what my purpose was in life. I always felt blessed with jobs, skills, talents, independence, everything I wanted and needed. But, it did not feel like I had true purpose in all of it. 

Now, that I know Jesus personally and follow Him, I have found a definite purpose for my life. He calls me to an art ministry that encompasses so many things. I am able to use my skills and some of His to encourage and serve people in His name. Instead of trying to use those things to make a name for myself, I now use them to glorify His name. It is much more fulfilling.

I use my Vitamin C in new way! How about you? Can you think of ways to serve and encourage others with your Vitamin C?

1 creative thoughts:

Joy! { May 20, 2011 at 10:46 PM }
Need a Joy? Joy. bracelet!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com