Fun and Easy Art for the Wall

Yesterday was Christmas in Action by the City of Canton, and Divine Design participated. We were assigned two rooms in one of the ten houses they worked in.  Homes and homeowners are selected by needs, financial and otherwise. Our homeowner was delightful and we enjoyed meeting and getting to know her yesterday.

This was our first one day job. There was a lot we wanted to do in those two rooms with minimal time and minimal finances.  I spent my budget on art, but we needed more. Luckily, I had a 25% off coupon on the day canvases were 50% off.

I asked for volunteers to make art and got terrific projects!

Project #1: three 12" x 12" canvases. The girls painted them brown.


 Then Mod Podged sheets of cut out scrapbooking paper to the fronts. So easy and very inexpensive.

 They look great on the green wall next to a new black chair. Perfect!

 Project #2: Paper covered switch cover, cost $2. And it is custom made. Nobody else has one like it!  Just Mod Podge paper to the cover. So easy.

 Project #3: Complements to a large canvas. We had with three 8" x 8" canvases. One was decoupaged with fabric.

 The other two were simply painted with craft acrylics, one with the homeowner's initial and the other with some swirls.  We used the color palette in the large painting so everything was tied together.

 Project #4: I found these 6" canvases in the clearance bin for 50 cents each. We already had scrapbooking paper in the right palette and some Mod Podge. Put it all together.........


They make a nice little bit of color right over the desk.

To see the before and after pics of our two rooms, see the Divine Design blog.

Just took a big lack of funds and a little Vitamin C!


Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 creative thoughts:

Sweet Floweret { May 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM }
Great idea!
I am starting my own linky party this Tuesday! It's the first one. I would love it if you would participate! It's called $10 Tuesdays and it's for things that cost less than $10 and take 20-30 mins (ish) to complete. I love inexpensive and quick projects and I'm guessing others will too ;) Thanks so much for considering.
Tina Watschke
http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com/
Kath { May 3, 2011 at 12:41 PM }
very cool idea! I love it, and super simple. it looks good all together.

I'm a new follower! I'd love to have you come by to
thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com


kathryn

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com