Garden Party Lights

Whether you are actually in the garden having a party, or just pretending, these lights are fab! I painted a string of 25 big outdoor white lights with flowers, ladybugs and bumblebees.

 You need:

  • a string of lights
  • Folk Art Enamels Paints
  • small brushes (a flat and a liner)


 Do this:
1. Decide what you want to paint on the bulbs. You might practice on paper a couple times if you need to.  Then freehand the designs onto the bulbs. I painted all sides of a bulb and then dangled it inside a glass until it dried. In some instances, like yellow and pink, I needed to either paint two coats, or one really thick coat.

Outlining in black covers a multitude of sins and makes your design pop out.

2. These paints require baking in the oven for permanence, but you can skip that step. When you plug the lights in and they get hot, it is just like baking in the oven!

You could make lights for any occasion. Princess lights with tiaras on them would be cute.  I am thinking about doing a set for my niece with her school colors and logo.  I am sure you will have lots of ideas.

Take your Vitamin C and see what happens!
Tip Junkie handmade projects

UndertheTableandDreaming

4 creative thoughts:

Unknown { May 25, 2011 at 9:29 AM }
These are adorable! What a fun idea. I would love to have you link up with me at Creative Me Monday. http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/05/creative-me-monday-8.html
Niki { May 25, 2011 at 9:43 AM }
what a neat idea! your newest follower

Niki
www.sofreemecrafts.blogspot.com
Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming { June 6, 2011 at 11:10 PM }
Kim - your light sets are adorable. I bet they look so cute lit and glowing. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this on Sunday - I am a little behind getting to the comments though. Have a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn
outdoor light fixtures { September 27, 2011 at 5:41 AM }
That are so creative. Very beautiful indeed. It likes having it on you own way. Congratulations for a job well done.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com