Girl World Mini Project

My basement has been renamed Girl World. It is official, so says the sign. The smoke alarm makes a sweet touch to the Girl World vignette, don't you think?

On Memorial Day, I took my 25% off coupon to Michaels and found this wood girl cutout. The universal sign for female. I thought she was cute and with the coupon, how could I not bring her home?

Fixing her up did not take much in time or materials. I love a project like that. I started by painting her chartreuse green.
Then with a small flat brush, I gave her a groovy dress by making a turquoise checkerboard. This is a pretty simple process.  To paint a square, make a horizontal stroke on the chisel end of the brush. Then make a vertical stroke over it to square it up.  Load just a little paint on your brush. Too much will make it smoosh over the squared edges.  Just eyeball where the lines of squares will form.

With a liner brush and some hot pink, she got a swirly accent to her dress.

There she is in her new home. Any non-English speaking guests will now know that this is a place for girls. 

Imaginina is rolling her eyes.  

Who cares? Take your Vitamin C and find a mini project to do today.

2 creative thoughts:

shelley { June 8, 2011 at 11:28 AM }
Hi Kim,
I wanted to stop by and say "hi" to all of our 31 day challenge ladies! I love hosting this as it is such a wonderful way to meet so many ladies who each have amazing and different stories to share! What a great project girl world is... ha my husband would say that describes our whole house... all girls and lil him! lol congrats to your neice too that is quite an achievement! bravo!
shelley :)
Kim { June 9, 2011 at 7:43 AM }
Thanks Shelley for hosting and visiting!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com