Quickie Collages

Since I am on the mission to exercise my creative muscle this year, I gave myself an exercise today. My parameters:
  • make 6 collages on canvas board ( I had two sizes)
  • use only paint and paper
  • get finished today


Step one/layer one: paint. Each canvas has more than one color, painted sort of in striations.

 Step 2/layer 2: more paint that adds texture.

 Step 3/layer 3: a paper focal. I tore the pieces of paper into shapes and glued them down.

 Last step: details add a final layer.  Painted words, outlining, accenting.




So, the background I liked the most turned out to be the collage I like the least. And the background I was unsure of turned out to make me happy.  That's how it goes.  They are not great, but not bad for a couple hours' work.

It was a good exercise.

Take your Vitamin C and give yourself a creative challenge!








UndertheTableandDreamingTip Junkie handmade projects

5 creative thoughts:

Snipper { June 24, 2011 at 11:31 AM }
Absolutely beautiful! Vibrant! Lovely!
Delaney { June 24, 2011 at 3:14 PM }
I love these!
http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com
Kim { June 24, 2011 at 8:56 PM }
Thank you both very much! I never know when I set myself a challenge how it is going to work out.
Antonella { June 25, 2011 at 7:55 AM }
I think they are great! You are very brave to take the challenge and go with it... I've linked over from the WhipperBerry Friday Flair where I've linked up too, I'd love it if you'd pop on over.
Hugs, antonella :-)
http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/06/wondrous-wednesday-patriotic-printable.html
babies and bumblebees { June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM }
Beautiful!
http://babiesandbumblebees.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com