iCover

 This is my iPad cover. I never thought I would need an iPad cover. But, when I finished my Master's Degree, my parents gave me some money and said they were proud. How awesome is it to be a grown woman and have parents who do and say that?


So, I spent the money on an iPad. I love it and use it a lot. When I bought the pad, they had a couple covers in the store. They started at $60 and were a horrible gray color. Blah.


 I found almost the same cover online for $16. I ordered a fab green one. They were out of stock, so I got a white one.  Guess why????????????


 Sharpies were my tool of choice. I drew a bunch of fried egg flowers. Don't they look kind of like fried eggs? I freehanded this, but I am giving you a pattern if you want it. You can use it as an inspiration and freehand yours too, or you can transfer the pattern.



Then I colored! My Sharpie palette was red, orange, berry and turquoise. Those big fat Sharpies you use for making posters? They worked great on this project.


You would not have to do this on white. I think any light color would be good.


Beats a $60 dull gray one!
Take your Vitamin C!


Tip Junkie handmade projects

5 creative thoughts:

Therese's Treasures { June 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM }
Hi Kim,
I love your cover I may have to give this a try on my Kindle Fire cover.
Therese
Janet { June 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM }
That is awesome. I love the "fried egg" pattern. They kind of make me think of poppies. I don't have covers to create but maybe Santa will bring me something to decorate.
votemom { June 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM }
i've been pondering an ipad purchase for about a year now. what did you learn before buying? any advice to pass on?
Kim { June 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM }
First, buy at the Apple Store. I bought mine at Best Buy and ended up regretting it.

If you know how and why you will use it, then you can match that to the version that will work for you. My main goal was to be able to blog on it. The iPad three had two features that would make blogging better, so that is what I got.

Version 2 will be considerably cheaper since version 3 is out, and it does almost the same as version 3. If I was not going to blog (mainly) from it, I would have gotten the 2.

You really need some kind of cover for it. They are much cheaper online.

I was not sure if I wanted one to really use or because it is cool, but have found that I use it every day.
votemom { June 19, 2012 at 8:16 AM }
thanks kim!

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitors

Contact Me:

kballor@aol.com